Monday, October 26, 2009

What to Wear...


I still don't know what I'm going to wear for Halloween. I'm always a last minute decider so this is nothing unusual, but I'm realizing that I better make up my mind soon before I end up as a 'sportsfan' or a 'hippie' or some other last minute, boring outfit that I've worn in years past.

Tay passed along a great blog called WHAT I WORE that has some fabulous costume ideas. This girl pulls off SUCH a great Edie Beale from Grey Gardens! Brilliant. And I really liked the George Washington one but I don't think I can produce that costume in under a week...

Some other ideas I have floating around:
Zorro- Becca is kindly lending me her costume. And who doesn't want to carry around a sword all night?
Mimi From Rent- Just saw the play last week (for the fifth time) and she's one of my absolute favorites. Plus, it involves a leopard coat.
Moira and I are also considering being tacky tourists, cabaret dancers or Superwoman and Cat Woman. Those could be cute, no?
Anddd if all else fails, maybe I can just pull out my old bug costume from 89!

3 comments:

  1. I die for that bug costume. vintage tully. so great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG you were soooooo cute! And you know I don't normally think kids are cute at all!! Haha... bust out the bug! I'll bring Zoro tomorrow, promise...

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh! just noticed that in edie's pic there's a cat in the background! so creepy and PERFECT! I actually wish it was a raccoon, though. Also upon further inspection... that is not a general bug- it's a spider! It says so right there in Mar's handwriting...YOU were a spider?

    ReplyDelete