Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Just Call Me JWOW


A few short months ago I took a trip with my family to the east coast. We rented a cozy beach house from my dad’s cousin that was just perfect for hosting afternoon barbecues and long Italian dinners with our extended family, most of whom live in the area and were excited for the west coast cousins to finally visit. Usually when we see this side of the family it’s during their trips to California. So we thought it was time for us to make our way to them. And let me tell you- it was a great idea. The trip was so relaxing and it was great to lay out on the beach and dip in the Atlantic ocean! Rachel and Gina took the greyhound in from Manhattan to come stay with us, which made it that much more fun. We had lots of sun and carbohydrates…what more could you ask for?

Oh and, silly me- I forget to mention WHERE this delightful beach house was. Our nice, calm family vacation was actually at the

JERSEY SHORE!

YEP

IT’S TRUE.

I’m admitting it. Finally.

I have been to the Jersey shore.

You may as well call me JWOW.

I’m not even going to try and defend myself. The show has become so popular that I can basically brag about having been there. The beach house we rented was in Ocean City, which to my understanding is nearly an hour from Seaside, (where the Jersey Shore peeps lived.) Our version of the shore was pretty different, starting with the fact that Ocean City is a DRY CITY. The craziest thing we did was bring some “mixed” drinks in water bottles to the miniature golf course. Needless to say Gina lost and my brothers got pretty rowdy. It was certainly no night at Karma with The Situation.

I put up some pics from the trip so you can take a look at my version of the Jersey Shore.

And even though our trip was nothing like the debauchery on the MTV show, it’s still pretty great to think that Snooki and I have something in common.


HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE SHORE...





And if you haven't watched the show, check out the hilariousness HERE!

1 comment:

  1. Dear MTV,

    Stop making shows about our lives.

    Love,
    Rachel and Hailey

    ReplyDelete