Tuesday, September 8, 2009

My Favorites

Today I was flipping through photos from my recent trip to Las Vegas, better known as the 'reunion trip' that I took with my five best friends from college. And as usual, I found myself missing all of them terribly. This routine is nothing out of the ordinary; we're all pretty used to the feeling of nostalgia by now. We've all had those moments where we find ourselves flipping through hundreds of tagged photos and suddenly thinking 'whyyyy on earth did I do this to myself?' As we wipe tears and force ourselves to shut off Facebook.
But it's crazy to think that even with all this time and distance between us, it's so easy to fall back into our mode of being best friends. Seeing each other in Vegas made us forget that we now live in six different cities. And even though it was only temporary amnesia, it was enough.
Our trip was wild and crazy and too much fun for words. But the best thing about it, beyond the VIP and the dancg and theglitz, was the way we fell so easily back into place.
I guess that's real friendship for you.
I've always been told, you will never grow old.
You live your life too fast, but I don't want to rest.
I'm not old and tired, but I've been through fire
And I've seen enough, and I might never be the same again,
But have you seen my friends, they're just the same.

-The Sounds
'Dance With Me'


1 comment: