Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Thanks for the Beats

Like so many people, I am extremely sad to hear about the death of DJ AM.

I first saw DJ AM at Rain in Vegas on a reunion trip with my college friends. Literally five minutes into the set we were all obsessed.
I’ll never forget all of us dancing on top of the booth yelling to each other “HE'S THE BEST DJ EVERRRR!” It was just one of those irreplacable nights.
I saw him again less than two weeks ago at Sutra with a bunch of friends, most of whom were AM newbies. And again, everyone had the greatest time. We all pushed our way to the very front and danced for two hours straight. AM even blew us kisses when we waved goodbye. So so so amazing.

DJ AM (Adam Goldstein) touched a lot of people’s lives, and not just when he was spinning.
My friends and I may not have known him, but we sure loved him as our favorite DJ.

Close up at Sutra


AM spinning at Rain in Vegas

No comments:

Post a Comment